Check out this sneak peek of the new FPRA podcast: FPRA Take 5. This is the final video of three released this month. The podcast is in development; look for a formal launch in the coming months.
FPRA Take 5: Five Ways This Year Will Be #GreaterThan Ever
Devon Chestnut, APR, CPRC is the communications manager for Cox Communications, the largest private telecom company in America, providing advanced digital video, internet, telephone and home security and automation services to six million homes and businesses across 18 states.
In August 2021, Devon was installed as FPRA president at the Association’s Annual Conference. At that time, she unveiled her theme, which is #GreaterThan. Devon talked with 2020-2021 FPRA Vice President of Professional Development Julie Frey, APR, CPRC, to share her vision for the upcoming year and to discuss ways all members and chapters can contribute to making this year #GreaterThan ever.
- Innovate and create new ways to engage members. We will take what worked well in the past and add in the successes discovered during the pandemic.
- Focus on diversity, equity and inclusion, expanding on our efforts from last year and finding new ways to recognize and celebrate our members.
- Encourage participation in Local Image Awards and Golden Image Awards. Start thinking about your entries now.
- Encourage attendance at Annual Conference – the premier pr event of the year. It will be held August 7 – 10, 2022, at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grand Lakes.
- Invite all members to get involved! We encourage members to participate in chapter events and activities, ask how you can get involved and consider joining a committee or exploring a board position.