#FPRArenewed… Did You Renew?
By Mary Dorn, APR, VP Member Services
At 993 professional members and 173 student members, FPRA’s fiscal year is off to a great start in membership, with the Pensacola Chapter taking the lead at a more than 70 percent renewal rate. Thanks, Devon Chestnut, APR, VP of Technology, for our outstanding social media renewal campaign, #FPRArenewed. Soon, she will announce the $50 gift card drawing winner from the renewed members who used the special hashtag before October 31.
If you haven’t updated your membership, it has expired. There is still time to renew before December 31, when FPRA’s State Office removes non-renewals from its database, and to save money by avoiding the additional $25 reprocessing fee after that date. Please don’t wait until the busy holidays. Renewal online is easy at fpra.org.
Still undecided? Here are the Top 10 Reasons to Renew, provided by the Ocala Chapter:
- Network of public relations professionals (the #1 reason why recent survey respondents renew annually)
- Annual State Conference
- Regular chapter meetings
- State/local professional development meetings and state Webinars
- Local chapters throughout Florida
- State/local recognition
- Resourceful websites: fpra.org and chapters’ sites
- Exclusive access to Professional Resources: the White Paper, e-newsletters, etc.
- Counselor’s Network (which recently took an insiders tour of Universal’s Hallowscream)
- Professional Accreditation (Including a $100 testing fee rebate exclusively for FPRA members! If a professional is using the APR designation after her name, she must be a member of one of the UAB approved associations).