It’s hard to believe that FPRA’s Annual Conference is only a month away and then I’ll hand in my gavel as FPRA state president a month after that.
Everything is just about in place for the 81st Annual Conference on Aug. 4-7 at Tampa Marriott Water Street. It’s going to be Smart. Engaged. Fun.
Be sure to register before the July 22 early bird rate ends.
The first 10 months went by fast. Visiting chapters is the best part of being state president. I’ve made new friends (yes, even on snapperchat) and I’ve learned so much.
The importance of our Association cannot be understated. From our veteran PR counselors to our newest members, the strength of FPRA is everyone coming together for a common purpose.
It’s been an amazing experience and there are several folks I’m thankful for:
- Erin Ferguson, our VP-Communications, who has patiently handled these monthly president’s notes after gently reminding/pestering me that I’ve missed deadline!
- Ashley Mock, our VP-Digital Media. Every time I asked her about doing some kind of social media campaign for an FPRA event, she already had it set up!
- Alyson Lundell, APR, CPRC, who, as incoming state president, is spending the month of July signing 1,000 membership renewal letters. (Although I have signed more than 100 new member certificates this year!)
- Ryan Gerds, APR, CPRC, the immediate past president, who has lent an ear — and advice — on many occasions.
- Cheray Keyes-Shima, APR, CPRC, our executive director… for everything.
There are many others and I will be mentioning them at Annual Conference. In the meantime, there are two more months to go!!!
Gordon Paulus, APR, CPRC
Florida Public Relations Association