If you have logged in and have not been redirected and are still seeing this form, please click here for profile section
Upcoming Webinar – Free for Members!
Future of PR and Communications: Trends in PR and Communications that will Affect How, Why and Where You Do Your Job
Thursday, December 9, 2021 | 11 a.m. – noon EDT
Presented by Stephen Dupont, APR, Fellow PRSA
Public relations pro Stephen Dupont, APR, vice president of public relations and branded content, will share his insights about what’s around the corner for PR and communications professionals in 2022 as well as the years ahead.
Applying a futurist mindset, Dupont will explore trends that are driving change in the public relations profession, such as:
- Social media – Will Facebook and Google be broken up by the U.S. government? What might be the new things after TikTok?
- Media – Will the number of journalists leaving journalism continue to accelerate? Will there be newspapers in five years? What’s next after podcasts and vblogs? How will you pitch media in the future?
- Influencers – Rise of microinfluencers? Is everyone an influencer?
- Technology – Email, really? Virtual reality and augmented reality? AI, blockchain? Video, video, video. Communicating through the Metaverse.
- Events – Will in-person trade shows and conferences return after Covid-19? Is the future VR conferences?
- Culture – Climate change, work from anywhere, political polarization and other movements that may affect internal and external communications.
- Agencies – Here come the management consulting firms! PR firms go into advertising. Digital firms evolve into PR firms?
- Back to the future – Retro PR: back to focusing on one-on-relationships?
By participating in this webinar, you will learn:
- Trends that are reshaping traditional, social and owned media.
- Trends, such as new technology, that will redefine how you communicate with stakeholders.
- Trends that will inform where and when you work.
- How to prepare for these changes and remain nimble for more changes to come in the decade ahead.
About the Speaker
Stephen Dupont, APR, Fellow PRSA, is a 30-year public relations veteran. Working with Pocket Hercules, a Minneapolis-based creative firm, Dupont works with local and national clients in positioning their brand voice in the marketplace. Dupont is a frequent contributor to PRSA’s Strategies & Tactics, a national speaker, three-time Silver Anvil winner and has served as the president of Minnesota’s PRSA chapter. He also is a member of the Association of Professional Futurists, IABC and OWAA. He writes frequently about future trends on his blog, StephenDupont.co, and his Medium page.