The Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Lake County Chapter welcomes Maureen Kenyon, City of Port St. Lucie’s social media coordinator and digital storyteller, who will present on “How to Increase Engagement with Instagram,” specifically Instagram stories. The virtual program will be held at noon on Wednesday, March 17 via Zoom and is free for FPRA members and $10 for prospective members.
At the City, Kenyon, manages eight social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Nextdoor, and creates graphics and video for those platforms. As a digital storyteller, Maureen writes stories about Port St. Lucie residents and City staffers who are doing cool, interesting things that are making a difference in the community.
Kenyon has more than 25 years’ experience as an editor, reporter, designer, digital producer and website manager. She is also a Part 107-certified drone pilot.
Topics she’ll cover include:
• What are Instagram Stories and how to use them
• How to use Stories to increase engagement
• Simple design tips
• How to find out if followers are seeing your Stories
• Short tour of Canva’s user-friendly platform & features
• Simple ways to create fun, eye-catching social media graphics and video
• Quick overview of Canva’s free and paid accounts
• Examples of some social media graphics created in Canva